We are excited to announce that students living in the Undergraduate Residences have access to an enhanced wireless and wired internet.
AirYorkPLUS provides wireless interent access to York Undergrad Residences featuring improved security, performance, convenience and mobility.
How do I connect?
- If you have a device running Windows Operating system, run the AirYorkPLUS Setup Application (Windows only). Once you configure your Wi-Fi client (laptop or tablet/smartphone, etc.), the client will atutomatically connect to AirYorkPLUS as soon as it is within range of an AirYorkPLUS access point.
- Access to AirYorkPLUS requires a Passport York login and password.
- Security: network traffic is encrypted between the client and the AirYorkPLUS access point.
- Better performance in high-density settings such as lecture halls and libraries where many Wi-Fi clients are active simultaneously.
- IMPORTANT: Most performance improvement are available only to Wi-Fi devices with dual-band radios. For further details, please consult UIT's recommendations on selecting/purchasing a Wi-Fi client device for use.
- WiFi-Info provides access to information about Wi-Fi service and setup.
- Submit your support reqeust using our online Problem Report Form.
- Contact InRes Support at 416-736-5800 (Mon-Fri 8:30 am - 4:50 pm)
My Passport York login works on other web application.
Why do I get "invalid password" error when trying to connect to AirYorkPLUS?
- If your password has more than 8 characters in length. Try enter only the first 8 characters.
- If you have not changed your password in over a year you may need to change it now.
- Follow the instructions below to change your password:
- Connect to AirYork Wi-Fi network (or your mobile data network).
- Go to mms.yorku.ca
- Click on the check box beside "Click this box before logging into to change your Passport York password". Log in using your current Passport York username and password. Follow the prompts to change password.Note: Password can only be 7 or 8 characters long and may not contain a semi-colon (;) or double quotes (").
- If you have forgotten your username or password then follow the instructions to reset.